New version brings highly sought-after Outlook 2007 features to Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2007 for first time, including OWA Today, calendar reminders, shared mailboxes and more.
April 19, 2010, Toronto, Canada – Messageware (www.messageware.com), the world's leading provider of enterprise productivity and security solutions for Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access (OWA), today announced the release of Plus Pack version 2.4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, which includes a variety of new features for OWA 2007.
Plus Pack makes OWA look and operate more like desktop Outlook, improving user productivity and reducing support desk calls. It seamlessly integrates key features such as true Outlook-like addressing, access to Public Folder and SharePoint contact lists, roaming personal dictionaries, type-ahead recipients with favorites, enhanced new mail notifications and much more.
This newest release adds a variety of requested features to both OWA and OWA Light that are most commonly used, and often taken for granted, in the desktop Outlook environment.
- Similar to the Outlook Today feature, OWA Today allows users of OWA and OWA Light to view a summary dashboard of their email, appointments and tasks organized in one convenient home page location.
- Individuals can now forward email messages as attachments, preserving and encapsulating the original message. Forwarding multiple messages (as attachments) in a single new message is now also possible.
- All OWA Light appointment and meeting forms now include options to set reminders. The reminders window will appear in the foreground to alert users to upcoming meetings. Users can choose to snooze or dismiss each reminder.
- The OWA Light toolbar has been enhanced to provide both full and compact views that allow users to see all toolbar options at a glance, even at lower resolutions. The toolbar also includes one-click icons for alternate mailboxes and for the new calendar reminders window.
- The “Open additional mailboxes” feature has also been added to OWA Light and is now accessible from the main toolbar. This feature provides OWA Light users the ability to easily open and manage shared mailboxes and accounts.
“More and more office workers are relying on OWA to keep them connected either in the office or while working at remote locations,” said Mark Rotman, President & CEO of Messageware. “Plus Pack 2.4 provides significant improvements to OWA 2007 and OWA Light 2007, putting key information at users’ fingertips and making it easier for them to be productive.”
Plus Pack 2.4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 is available immediately as a stand-alone product or as part of the Messageware OWA Suite, which contains seven award-winning security and productivity applications that provide a complete OWA solution by enhancing the user experience and enabling complete security. Companies can learn more and request free evaluation software at www.messageware.com.